Summer is on the way. I can smell the barbecues, feel the warm evening air on the patio and hear the sounds of my friends and family around.
Does that sound relaxing to you? Now, if that warm weather was to come tomorrow how quickly could you get to that serene place on your patio?
Did you wash and pack up all the summer furniture, toys, dishes, patio accessories etc. before old man winter came? If you didn’t it is time to do that.
There are many things we use in the summer in the outdoors that we do not use all winter, so here are some tips to help with storage.
1. Make sure you have a storage area to put these items in that is in the back storage, shed or garage. Do not use prime floor space which is used year round.
2. Bikes and large chairs can go on large PVC coated hooks from the ceiling of the garage.
3. Add a short attic-like shelf to your garage and shed to store plastic totes. In the totes you can store, all the dishes, napkins, tablecloths, and other barbecue items. The flower pots, potting soil, small hand garden tools, lawn ornaments and the list goes on. If it is small and can be packed in a tote do it, label it with contents list and put it up on the shelf. It is now out of the way.
4. Make sure everything is stored in categories, like items together.
5. There are many garage organizing things for the kids sports equipment and the gardening tools, take advantage of these.