Tips for Teens to get ready to move out.
1. First you want to purge your belongings and get rid of what you do not want anymore – Giveaway, Throwaway, Put away and Take away ( to college/university) Those things you are keeping and leaving behind, if they are items you will not use when you are home; re: memories and keepsakes, pack away in a tote and label.
2. Start the packing process by having a box that every time you think of something that needs to go, or you purchase something it goes in that box.
3. Make a list of all items you will need, depending on whether you are in residence, your own apartment, or sharing a room with someone. Your needs will vary.
4. Take some type of laundry system like the cloth bags/hampers that you can easily take to laundry mat. Don’t forget laundry detergent, softener and stain remover.
5. Take a copy of all your important documents and leave them at home with your parents.
6. Have a list of emergency contact numbers in case you can not reach your parents.
7. When you get there and settling in, keep a list for all things you are missing, so that when you go home you can get them or you can go out and purchase. Have fun!