Our vehicles tend to collect items as we go from work to home, running errands and taking the children where they need to be.
Garbage collects, clothing, recycles, things that need to be taken somewhere and more. Although with the pandemic and the lock down your use of your vehicle may have changed depending on what you do. However, we are still using them and sometimes they are the last thing we think about as far as cleaning and organizing.
We have a collection of things we need in our vehicle; snacks, cushions for the dog, blankets for use with children, pets or just to protect the seat, hand sanitizer, masks, sunglasses, first aid kit and more.
A few minutes each day or week will save you time.
Here are a few tips to help you simplify:
- Clear trash regularly, just take out at the end of day and have everyone else take theirs. I have a soft side trash receptacle in my car that just hangs on the shifter. This is great for small items such as tissue, candy wrappers, snack wrappers and more.
- Over the seat organizers are great for small children. They hang on the back of the front seats and hold activity books, crayons, snacks etc. Also just a small plastic bin with a lid on the seat is great.
- Small items like extra hand sanitizer, masks, sunglasses, serviettes, tissue – make easily accessible but in a small zip bag so it does not fly all over. Coins in a small container in the console for when you need them.
- Make your trunk area a storage place for reusable shopping totes, blankets, first aid kit, bottled water, sports equipment – put in bins to make compartments, makes it easy for cleaning and things will not move around so much
- Plan to clean regularly so that the air is clear of dust, smells and odours.
Taking care of your car not only makes it enjoyable for you to be in, but it sets a good example for your children and other people that ride in your vehicle that you take care of your valuable possession.