You may never have thought of comparing a Professional Organizer to a Professional Mover, but when it comes to preparing for a move, some areas of services these two (2) professions offer get compared.
At Just In Time Solutions, we like to see moving companies as a partnership. Each profession has it’s services, that combined, make for a less stressful pack, move and unpacking process.
When moving Just In Time Solutions offers to;
- Declutter as you pack. No sense paying to move items you no longer want or use. We will even donate or sell items you no longer want (can be done to prepare the house for sale or after the sale).
- Pack by room and purpose. Example; You may have items that are currently in your main bedroom, but will be in the spare bedroom at your new location, therefore, we pack and label so items end up in the right place. We will make sure food items stay with the kitchen items and not get packed into a box for the basement or garage.
- Label the boxes with what is inside – makes finding important stuff quick and easy and unpacking more efficient.
- Label the boxes and furnishings to where they are going – helps the movers know where to put it when they are unloading the truck. Helps you when unpacking – you don’t have to go on a treasure hunt for all the boxes needed for the room you are unpacking. Nothing like basement boxes in the kitchen and bathroom boxes in the garage. Also, allows the movers to do most of the lifting and furniture placement.
- A bonus; Because the Just In Time Solutions team has been working with you during the decluttering phase, we learn when items have more significant meaning or value to you and make sure to take extra care in packaging and labelling.
When hiring a moving company to pack (not all moving companies pack), they will;
- Pack everything they see – could include empty single use water bottles, garbage, junk mail and other items not needed or wanted etc…
- There goal is to fill boxes even if it means mixing bathroom items with kitchen or office items with bedroom items.
- Labelling usually reflects what the majority of the box contains – so, if the majority of the items are kitchen it will be labelled kitchen even if there are bathroom items also in it.
- The labels will be a reflection of where the items came from, but not necessarily where they are going. Example; the box could say garage because that is where the items were packed from, but at the new place there is no garage, so those boxes could end up anywhere in the new space.
- A good moving company will certainly take care when packing your items in terms of wrapping breakable items etc, but the way in which they pack often causes chaos and confusion at the new location. Boxes all have to be opened when looking for things, you could have bathroom boxes in the kitchen and kitchen boxes in the basement etc. You may have several items you just paid to have moved that you don’t actually want.
Professional organizers can also be there to help you unpack. Benefits to this service include;
- Your new space is going to be organized and efficient from the beginning.
- Unpacking is done much faster than on your own.
- We take away all unwanted boxes and packing paper.
- We help donate or sell any items you realized after the move you didn’t actually need.
**If you are moving to another town, city or country, and we can’t be there to unpack…that’s ok too. You can be confident that the way we packed will make the unpacking as easy as possible.
Movers after a move:
- They are not there.
At Just In Time Solutions, we love working with professional movers. They do a great job moving out boxes and furniture, get them to the new location and then unpack the boxes and furniture into their designated places. Their speed and efficiency is invaluable. However, when it comes to the packing and unpacking, to make you move as stress free as possible and get the best start in your new place, hire the help of Just In Time Solutions.
So, let’s not think of it as Professional Organizer VS Movers, more a team approach of Professional Organizers AND Movers.